Hoverboards provide such splendid experience that only rider can feel that. If you would love to see the joy on the face of your friends, children or any of your loved ones by giving them a splendid gift then you are at right place and searching the right thing. But the search begins now as now you would definitely like to know about the best hoverboard and self balancing scooter to buy in 2018.
If Yes!!! then you are at a right place.
WELCOME TO CartCashCarry!!!.
YOU MUST BE A FUN LOVER – People who are full of life and like adventures desperately want to remain updated by having knowledge of amazing gadgets in their memory database, they always want to know about the best in the business, out of that database best hoverboards and self balancing scooter seem to have pivotal importance.
To be very honest, it should have to be clear in your mind that best hoverboard and self-balancing scooters are not just riding gadgets. These are complete phenom. You get a complete package that will provide you a joyful ride. It’s not just a riding gadget, it’s something beyond that.
Compared with electric scooters or electric skateboards this small thrilling machine give you much more pleasure in contrast to its alternatives. Hoverboards are fun feast for all age groups!
You Must have to give it a try if you haven’t, it’s the right time to do so.
We have brougt for you a detailed guideline regarding fastest hoverboards available in the market that are UL2272 certified (so are safe to use no matter what the speed!)
Table of Contents
- Average Hoverboard Top Speed
- Top 15 Best Hoverboard and Self Balancing Scooter [Updated AUGUST 2018]
- Here are the details of top 10 Best Hoverboard and Self Balancing Scooter to buy in 2018
- SWAGTRON T1 Hoverboard – Inexpensive and Awesome
- EPIKGO Hoverboard – Best for beginners
- VEEKO Self Balancing Scooter – Inexpensive and Awesome features
- OTTO 8″ – Best Fastest Hoverboard to Buy in 2018
- What OTTO claims
- MegaWheels Hoverboard – Best Hoverboard for Average users
- Megawheels Self Balancing Scooter Contents
- Distinguishing Features of MegaWheels Hoverboard
- SwagTron T6 – Fastest Off-Road Hoverboard
- SagaPlay F1 – Self Balancing Scooter
- TOMOLOO Hoverboard – Stylish from all sides
- Hoverheart Electric Scooter – Awesome
- Razor Hovertrax 2.0 – Smartest Hoverboard 2018
- GoTrax Hoverfly ECO –UL Certified Self Balancing Scooter
- Swagtron T308 – Expensive yet AWESOME
- Hoverzon S – Self Balancing Scooter
- XtremepowerUS Hoverboard – Self Balancing Scooter
- SWAGTRON T580 – Best Hoverboard in Terms of Features
- Value Added Information That will help you to Choose Best Hoverboards and Self Balancing Scooter.
Average Hoverboard Top Speed
The hoverboard speed vary from brand to brand depending upon the motor they are using. But looking at different available products, we have found that the average hoverboard is approx 7-11 miles per hour in contrast to electric scooter that can achieve the speed of 28-48 MPH and an electric skateboard up to about 30 MPH.
That makes a scooter or skateboard far more suited to commuting longer distances, and the hoverboard speed makes it more of a fun gadget for riding around your backyard, indoors, or around your local shops. Of course the lower speed also makes it safer for people of all ages, including kids from about the age of 8 years old.
Swagtron is probably the most popular brand of hoverboard in 2017 and their hoverboards are the T1, T3 and T5. The T1 and T3 have a max speed of 8mph and max distance of 12 miles whereas the T5 (which is more of a beginner hoverboard) has a max speed of 7mph and a distance of 7 miles per charge. The Hoverzon and Razor Hovertrax also travel up to 8mphand up to 12 miles.
Other well known brands such as the Skque, Powerboard and Roam only have a top speed of 6.2mph.
Top 15 Best Hoverboard and Self Balancing Scooter [Updated AUGUST 2018]
The hoverboards that are now present are highly safe and secure, self-balanced and can be used without any problem.
Finding the best hoverboard and self balancing scooter in the market can be a bit difficult. To solve that issue, we are going to talk about the best 15 best hoverboards and self balancing scooter that currently available in the market to buy without any issue. These hoverboards are available from different companies with different features and have different models in order to keep the customers satisfied.
let’s take a look at the amazing best fastest hoverboards to buy in 2018.
|HOVERBOARD NAME||HOVERBOARD IMAGE||DISTANCE/CHARGE||SPECIAL||BUY NOW|
|Swagtron T580||2 HOURS/ CHARGE||7.5 MPH/BLUETHOOTH|
|SWAGTRON T1||11 Miles / CHARGE||Rounded Value|
|EPIKGO||10 Miles / CHARGE||Largest|
|VEEKO||12 Miles / CHARGE||Most Affordable|
|OTTO 8"||12 Miles / CHARGE||Fastest|
|MEGA WHEELS HOVERBOARD||9 Miles / CHARGE||Safest Hoverboard|
|SWAGTRON T6- OFF-ROAD||12 Miles / CHARGE||Awesome Bluetooth|
|SAGAPLAY F1||9 Miles / CHARGE||Advanced|
|TOMOLOO||12 Miles / CHARGE||Ultra bright|
|HOVERHEART||15 Miles / CHARGE||Longest|
|Razor Hovertrax 2.0||8 Miles/ CHARGE||Lightweight|
|GoTrax Hoverfly||2 HOURS/ CHARGE||7.4 MPH/ BLUETOOTH|
|SwagTron T308||2 HOURS/ CHARGE||8.5 MPH / NO BT|
|Hoverzon S||4 HOURS/ CHARGE||8 MPH / NO BT|
|Xtremepower US||3 HOURS/ CHARGE||6.2 MPH/ BLUETOOTH|
Here are the details of top 10 Best Hoverboard and Self Balancing Scooter to buy in 2018
After the wide-spread fame of the Self Balancing Scooters and “Hoverboards”, a lot of people actually started complaining of the batteries getting short-circuited, and while at first, it seemed like an isolated issue…
but then it became really common in an awful lot of hoverboards.
By early 2018, things got so out of hand that the CPSC announced an Official recall of the Hoverboards. CPSC is basically the Consumer Product Safety Commission of United States.
The recall basically meant over half a million hoverboard units going back until they are fixed and sent back. This recall was for the 8 main and famous manufacturers, and the combined number of 15 different models were affected.
While it didn’t seem like a big deal, the property damage that occurred because of the hoverboards ended up reaching $2 million in property damage. The hoverboards that are now present in the market come with a message that these are safe, and can be used without any issues.
For an average consumer, finding the best hoverboard in the market can be a bit difficult, considering how famous and popular the hoverboards have become. To address that issue, we are going to talk about the best electric hoverboards that currently available in the market. These hoverboards are available from different companies and have different models in order to keep the customers satisfied.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at all the amazing best hoverboards 2018.
Needless to say, you won’t be having second thoughts anymore.
SWAGTRON T1 Hoverboard – Inexpensive and Awesome
When looking for a hoverboard for yourself or a loved one, the choices may seem overwhelming. For that reason, we present you with the top hoverboard reviews. Use the reviews to make a wise decision about which one is best for you. Here is everything you need to know about the Swagtron hoverboard.
This Amazing self-balancing scooter we are going to look at today is the Swagtron T1, and for those who don’t know, Swagtron happens to be one of the leading brands in the hoverboard business, and actually, have a lot of different models under their belt.
The T1 can be considered as a high-end model because it does feature some of the best things you will need in hoverboard.
Now, this is a UL2272 certified hoverboard, and in case you didn’t know, the UL2272 certification basically means that it is completely safe from any battery issues that resulted in the fire controversy that happened back in China when the hoverboard first became available.
To get this certification, every hoverboard of this model or every hoverboard going for this certification is put under a number of tests in order to determine the safety.
There are several tests performed on a hoverboard in order to make sure everything is in right place. Before we begin, you can read some of the advantages below:
- Comes with UL 2272 certification ensuring maximum satisfaction and security.
- Offers a top speed of 8+ mph that ranges to 12+ miles
- Comes equipped with a 300-watt dual electric scooter motor.
- The rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to 2-3 hours on a single full charge.
- Comes equipped with LED headlights, battery indicators, rubber bumpers, and a lightweight body.
- Swagtron T1 comes with a patented SentryShield battery technology, and also comes with a smart battery management system that monitors and protects the battery.
Overall, speaking from a personal point of view, the Swagtron T1 happens to be one of the most comfortable, and most amazing hoverboards you can currently buy.
As for the Swagtron T1, it’s a perfectly capable hoverboard that offers amazing value for money, smooth riding, lightweight design, and a value for your money. Needless to say, it certainly is a top pick.
Swagtron Review: The Specs, Features and Certifications
- The Swagtron T1 Model is brand-new and available in five colors (black, white, gold, pink, dark red, or blue).
- The Swagtron hoverboard is UL 2271 and UL 2272 listed! As far as we know it is one of the FIRST hoverboard to be UL 2271 listed Sentry Shield.
- It runs via a top-quality lithium battery with Sentry Shield.
- The Swagtron T1 design features a hard ABS outer body casing, non-slip foot pads, and 2 aluminum wheels with rubber tires.
- The self-balancing scooter’s size is 23in W x 7in D x 4in H and weighs 22lbs. Power ranges between 100-240 volts. Charge it after going 7-12 miles.
- Features include LED lights, climbing ability for up to 30-degrees, and a 0-degree turning radius.
- As for speed, 2-8mph is what you can expect from the two-wheel hoverboard.
- Charging takes about an hour. Included with the Swagtron T1 is the board, AC charging adapter, user’s manual, and paperwork.
- The Swagtron hoverboard is also FCC and CE certified. In our review opinion, we think it is one of the best hoverboard in terms of safety.
Who is the Swagtron Hoverboard Ideal for?
In conducting our Swagtron review, we noted that the T1 model is perfect for teens and adults alike, provided they weigh between the minimum weight limit (44lbs) and maximum weight limit (220lbs). You do not need to have had any experience on a hoverboard before; the Swagtron has a Learning Mode that you simply turn on to get used to its features.
The Swagtron T1 will also appeal to you if you want eco-friendly transportation. For short journeys, simply ride your hoverboard, which is more energy efficient than hybrid cars and petrol scooters. Plus, the hoverboard is a fun way to travel with its LED headlights, climbing ability, and smooth ride.
Swagtron Hoverboard Reviews – Swagtron T1 vs. T3
The T1 lacks some of the T3 Swagway hoverboard features. The Swagtron T3 is considered a Bluetooth hoverboard. For example, the Swagtron T3 has a Bluetooth speaker and 3 riding modes (learning, standard, and advanced), while the Swagtron T1 has only two modes (learning and standard user). Also, the T3 app, unlike the T1, enables you to use your smartphone to check your hoverboard’s battery level, control its speed, access videos, and reach out to customer service.Also, the Swagtron T1 has an 8mph maximumspeed, so you want to make sure this speed works for you.
Our Swagtron review has to include mention of the safe stop technology. This new tech is hardware and software controlled. It has no more hard stopping like with the former Swagway, which used to increase risks of falls. Instead, stops are gradual and smooth.
EPIKGO Hoverboard – Best for beginners
Want a speedy but safe hoverboard? Look no further than this. This hoverboard is equipped with every single nice feature you need in a hoverboard. EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter is the first of the next generation of two-wheel balancing e-scooter that are both entertaining and safe to use and it has upgraded aluminum wheels with superior tire traction as well as non-slip foot pedals for better, safer riding.
It is stable and has the quickest response. It has a double balancing system coupled with anti-slip foot design. It weighs 28 pounds and can allow you to cruise at speeds of 10 kph. It is very simple to learn and use. Get full control of it with your feet as you cruise to any direction you want.
- This product has UL 2272 self-balancing scooter certified with excelled in all government-regulated safety tests
- MORE POWER – EPIKGO has 400W Dual Motors that help it climb slopes as steep as 18 degree and last over 1 hour and over 10mile range on a single charge, making it the most powerful balance board on the market.
- Easily maneuver through grass, mud and sand on the board built to do more.
- Features LED headlights, Battery indicators, Rubber bumpers, and light-weight shell.
- It use Patented SentryShield Battery Technology and Smart Battery Management System that monitors and protects.
The good thing about this scooter is its longest endurance. You can keep riding it for up to 25 km in just a single charge. It is equipped with a powerful Samsung Battery. It is recommended for use by both the adults and children. Get out of that boring car steering wheel and embrace this great hoverboard. The world is riding on it!
VEEKO Self Balancing Scooter – Inexpensive and Awesome features
Finding the best hoverboard for your child is simple enough. This is especially true if you are aware of the best products in the market. One such product is the VEEKO Self-Balancing Scooter. It looks like a simple product but it’s going to provide your child with hours of enjoyment.
With this hoverboard, your child can execute different moves. The self-balancing scooter allows your child to walk, spin and dance while riding on it. It’s affordable and easy to use. It’s even powerful enough to climb steep slopes.
The VEEKO hoverboard is compact but powerful. Because of its size, it’s conveniently portable and easy to store when not in use. The hoverboard passed the required safety regulations. So, you don’t have to worry about your child’s safety.
If you are looking for a hoverboard that will not break the bank, and still give you all the basic functionalities, then the VEEKO Hoverboard is what you are looking for. The VEEKO Hoverboard is actually one of the cheapest hoverboards I have reviewed so far. Is it the best hoverboard for budget conscious users? Let’s find out.
Considering the low price tag, the contents of the box were not shocking for me; you get the hoverboard itself, a charging cable, an instructional manual and that is about it. The low price tag means that you are not going to get any fancy accessories, and I’m perfectly fine with that. There are good things in this hoverboard like a solid construction and a minimalistic design. This is by no means a hoverboard designed for off-road terrains, but it does a good job at working on plain terrains.
The hoverboard does come with the U 2272 certification, and the reason why I am mentioning this in every review is because this more or less has become a benchmark of the hoverboard that you should buy or avoid. In case you are not aware, the earliest batches of hoverboard had safety issues, and that is why this certification has become so important in every single hoverboard that I test. I do not want the consumers to risk their safety.
Moving on, the hoverboard does not take a lot of time to charge, and when you are not using it, the hoverboard turns itself off to preserve battery. This is certainly a nifty feature that should be made more common in all the hoverboards, because preserving the battery is necessary to say the least because you don’t want to be spending more time charging the hoverboard than using it. If you are looking for a hoverboard to give to a kid, or if you are looking for a beginner hoverboard, then this is a great option; it is cheap, has a decent build quality, and has the U 2272 certification.
However, I must mention that there are some downsides as well; for starters, the VEEKO Hoverboard comes without any water protection, Bluetooth speakers, or an app. The maximum speed of 6 mph is nothing to write home about.
Features of the VEEKO Self Balancing Scooter
But what makes one specific product better than the others? What will make you select this one over all others? Before you can make your choice, you have to look at the features which make the product special. Here are some standout features this product has:
- This hoverboard meets all safety requirements. It comes with a variety of protective features for your child.
- It’s small enough to carry around. This means that your child can bring this hoverboard along everywhere he/she goes.
- Made from top-quality materials making the product durable and powerful. The scooter absorbs shock and has tires which are non-skid.
- When fully charged, it can run for up to 2 1/2 hours. It will warn your child if the battery is too low through an alarm.
- It has a protection for overspeeding.
- It also has a protection for continuous shaking.
- The hoverboard has an alarm and lights as part of the safety features.
- Comes with a manufacturer’s warranty good for 12 months.
The VEEKO Self-Balance Scooter is an excellent choice for beginners at using hoverboards. Because of the slow cruising speed, it’s ideal for younger kids. It’s easy for those who are learning how to balance on and use a hoverboard. This is because of the self-balancing feature. This feature guarantees that the rider doesn’t fall off while in operation. The VEEKO has an alarm system which serves as an indication that something is wrong. The alarm goes off for different reasons, all concerning safety.
This compact hoverboard is convenient because of its size. It’s small enough and light enough for your child to carry around. This means that your child can save energy no matter where he/she goes. Your child can even use the hoverboard to climb up slopes as steep as 15 degrees. As long as your child learns how to use this scooter correctly, it’s safe and fun to use. It’s a superior product which has a lot of great features your child will enjoy.
OTTO 8″ – Best Fastest Hoverboard to Buy in 2018
The Otto 8” is regarded as the Fastest Hoverboard amongest all the hoverboards we are going to review today. The reason is quite obvious, if you carefully have a look at the chart, OTTO’s Hoverboard speed is 15 Miles Per Hour, and covers the distance of about 12 Miles with fully charged battery. No other hoverboard matches these numbers.
What OTTO claims
“In the last 65 years, there has been almost 90% turnover on the Fortune 500 list. Technology disruption accounts for a major reason.”
The Otto 8″ comes with many high-ends features so let’s look at all the perks and advantages below:
- Bluetooth Speakers:Otto self balancing electric scooters come with Bluetooth speakers which enables you to listen to music of your choice and make your ride fun.
- Weight Limit: Well, be it a kid or an adult, this hoverboard works cool with everyone. Although it has some limits, you can go around in an ever smooth ride and feel the ecstasy. It can carry a maximum weight of 220 pounds, which is quite equivalent to what every standard hoverboard can carry.
- Safety:if you are still thinking about it, then you may relax because these boards are totally safe and certainly certified by the UL 2272 standards.
- Range & Speed: The 6.5 inch wheels are doing a great job. The speed offers it not bad with a maximum speed limit of 6 miles per hour.
- Weight: You do not need to bother about carrying it over as these are light in weight. That makes it good for all age groups to ride without any problems.
- Charging: You might just take a couple of hours to charge it and then the fun begins. In two to three hours they usually refill the charge completely.
All in all, these self balancing electric scooters are reliable, light and come with Bluetooth speakers and all with a nominal price tag. If you want to try out your first ride and do not want to invest much, then you couldn’t get a better choice. You just need to pay attention to not go beyond the speed limits and these boards will fulfil all your desires. They are safe and sound and offer a good speed and range for a fun ride.
MegaWheels Hoverboard – Best Hoverboard for Average users
It’s a point I’ve raised on many occasions before and will continue to do so indefinitely. That being, if you’re going to hand over $200 or less for a hoverboard or self-balancing scooter, you’re usually going to have to compromise in one area or the other.
Buying entry-level hoverboard means determining what matters most to you and ensuring the necessary boxes are ticked. Everything else being superfluous.
So the question is – what’s the story with the? If you’ve come across it before, you’ll know it’s by far one of the most affordable boards of its type on the market.
Nevertheless, the manufacturer makes all manner of impressive claims to fame. The total package for way less than $200? It sounds too good to be true, but there are plenty of sub-$200 boards on the market that are impressive to say the least.
In the case of the Megawheels, public opinion seems to tell the tale of a board that delivers far more than its low price would seem to suggest. So could it be that the Megawheels really the bargain it appears to be? Keep reading and we’ll tell you all you need to know.
Megawheels Self Balancing Scooter Contents
- 1 Main unit (scooter).
- 1 Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- 1 User Manual.
Distinguishing Features of MegaWheels Hoverboard
- As always, I don’t look any further into any scooter of any kind if it doesn’t do the business in terms of safety.
- In the case of the Megawheels, full UL 2272 certification means the battery is protected to the highest possible standard.
- Pretty much zero risks of fire, leaks and so on.
- In terms of power, the scores high with dual 350-W motors under the hood, which goes over and above many rival boards.
- Its technology, in general, has been optimised and refined to offer the smoothest possible ride time and extended range.
- The Megawheels features a mainboard that’s been put through hundreds of thousands of test, in order to leave nothing to chance.
- The company has earned a stellar reputation both at home in the US and worldwide for creating devices of genuine reliability, which is why the Megawheels board comes with a full 1-year guarantee as standard. Not the longest, but way better than the kinds of boards that are only guaranteed for three months or so.
- A variety of color choices are on offer to suit all tastes including red, blue, white and black. Styling is classical in nature, making for an elegant board that stands out for all the right reasons.
- With its enhanced chassis and reinforced shell, the manufacturer advertises the Megawheels as an ‘indestructible’ board. This might be taking things a bit far, but still – solid confidence and clearly a solid product.
- Despite having plenty of power under the hood, the Megawheels has a top speed of just 7mph. Not particularly impressive, but decent enough for commuting.
- On the plus side, being able to deal with inclines of up to 25-degrees would seem to put the Megawheels way ahead of many rivals in this department. The same also goes for its maximum load of over 260lbs – a good 40lbs more than the average for this class.
- As for its range, there are mixed reports. Three hours of battery life and a 7mph cruising speed would seem to suggest a whopping 21 miles. However, in practice, it seems the Megawheels generally delivers less than 10 miles.
Would I recommend theto other buyers? Sure I would – it all depends on how much you want to spend. The thing is, if you’re looking for a basic bargain, something to entertain the kids or just mess about on, the Megawheels is perfect. However, if you’re willing to throw an extra $100 or into the deal, you could take home something way more feature-packed.
But then again, you might not be interested in the added features – in which case the Megawheels might tick all the right boxes!
SwagTron T6 – Fastest Off-Road Hoverboard
SWAGTRON T6 holds the 2nd sport in our list of top 10 fastest hoverboards. Aming this that we have found about this splendid hoverboard is that this toy is not just for kids, it is an awesome ride for adults who have craze to use such mind blowing tech related stuff.
Swagtron has not just limited it’s target market to a specific age group, rather their marketing strategy is to cover the huge audience. The same strategy has been adapted by EPIKGO, this hoverboard is another great option for adults.
What makes this Hoverboard Special?
SWAGTRON has been among the leading companies to make some of the best hoverboards for a while now. Seriously, I have not seen the same level of impressive hoverboards from any other company so far. It is almost like a monopoly. And today I am looking at the SWAGTRON T6, one of the very few hoverboards that are made for different terrains.
The first look, and you will know that the company paid extra attention to detail; the hoverboard is made using quality material, and looks very rugged. After checking the specifications out, I figured out the reason behind such a rugged construction; the hoverboard supports up to 420 pounds. Other hoverboards often support maximum 220 pounds so 420 is nearly double of what I expected to see in the market.
This hoverboard comes with a built in carrying handle, allowing you to easily carry it anywher you want. Keep in mind that the hoverboard is somewhat on the heavier side as compared to a non-rugged hoverboard that are made for plain terrains. Users also get safety features such as LED lights, as well as non-slip pads that ensure that the hoverboard does not start slipping when not in use.
For those concerned about rapidity, the hoverboard has speed of up to 12 mph, while it might not seem like a lot, it is actually above the typical average of 6 – 8 mph. Safety features such as the U 2272 certification as well as the Sentry Shield battery protection that ensures complete safety are available in the hoverboard.
- Wonderful Weight Capacity:It is equipped with such powerful motor that hoverboard can easily carry approximate 420 lbs weight. This amazing ride is for people to all ages.
- Blasting Bluetooth Speakers:Well, be it a kid or an adult, this hoverboard works cool with everyone. Although it has some limits, you can go around in an ever smooth ride and feel the ecstasy.
- Powerfull: We love the fact that this is the most powerful hoverboard with the best weight capacity we’ve seen, and the app is great (most of the apps for hoverboards tend to be lacking,) but the lack of battery life is definitely a downside.
- Range & Speed: The 6.5 inch wheels are doing a great job. The speed offers it not bad with a maximum speed limit of 6 miles per hour.
- Charging: Although the battery timing is almost same as others have. You might just take a couple of hours to charge it and then the fun begins. In two to three hours they usually refill the charge completely.
The black SWAGTRON T6 Off-road Hoverboard is a safe ride with ultimate versatility. You will have to pay a bit more than some other self-balancing boards, but it is reasonably priced for what you get. The two-wheel scooter suits riders of a range of sizes and shapes as it can withstand over 400 pounds.
The durable self-balancing board can handle all terrain, thanks to the two big, tough tires. It has Bluetooth speakers, app control and LED headlights too. The quality toy has the latest technology, with a stable motor that makes for a smooth ride.
SagaPlay F1 – Self Balancing Scooter
If you are shopping for a self-balancing board, you likely already know that it’s an economical, green mode of transportation. But with many makes and models on the market, deciding which hoverboard is right for you or your child can be difficult.
Find out why we rank the black SagaPlay F1 Self Balance Board as our best hoverboard for kids and young adults, and whether it fits what you’re looking for.
Top Features of the SagaPlay F1 Motorized Hoverboard
- This self-balancing electric scooter features dual hub motors
- Two 6.6-inch alloy wheels (one on each side of the chassis). Being smaller makes the Saga easier to take with you.
- The sleek-looking board measures 7 x 24 x 6.5 inches, and it weighs about 22 pounds, which is considered lightweight amongst hoverboards.
- A definite advantage for the best hoverboard for kids and young adults is its ability to go on diverse terrain, from grass to pavement, mud, and sand. A rider can go 9 miles or about one hour on a single battery charge.
- On a related note, this mini electric scooter is IP56 rated for stability and water resistance.
In addition to its safe design (UL2272 certified), the SagaPlay F1 Hoverboard is also:
- Popular Design
- Casual Rider
- The safe design features LED lights, for better vision in the dark.
- Non-slip food pads
- LED battery indicator that shows when the battery is close to needing a recharge.
The fun ride is quite agile too; it can change direction and speed quickly. Go forward, backward, turn, and go up slopes as steep as 15 degrees on this self hover balance board. The average speed is 9 mph.
the self hover balance board is a great one for a beginning user, such as a teen or child, because it is self-balancing. This SagaPlay hoverboard is powered by dynamic equilibrium, meaning that the user controls the board by shifting his or her weight. It’s easy to use, particularly for younger users, as well as being a popular choice for adults as the board can hold up to 220 pounds.
The fun SagaWay F1 Self Balance Board is a fun way to get around your local area with its all-terrain tires, going up slopes and moving in any direction. While this hoverboard is not Bluetooth enabled, it more than makes up for it with many safety features, helping secure the F1 as the best hoverboard for kids and young adults.
TOMOLOO Hoverboard – Stylish from all sides
One of the best brands out there that emerged with the inception of hoverboards is, without the shadow of a doubt, TOMOLOO. They weren’t among the few companies who encountered issues in the beginning, because they take safety first. Let’s get to the main reason you want a hoverboard—they’re amazing, and fun.
Everything comes with its perks, and its kinks. While this is a great model, using the turn feature—twisting your feed and the center axis bridge—is difficult to do. It’s not just difficult, but very touchy. It appears that you’ll either twist hard with no result, or you’ll twist just a little bit, and spin a little too quickly. It’s for this reason that we recommend your child, or yourself, needs to get used to the way it feels to ride it before going out into the street, or riding with other hoverboarders.
Top Features of Tomoloo
- This property ensures stability to be used by the users for its riding experience. Splendid self-balancing scooter.
- This hoverboard is UL2272 certified and also CPSC approved. TOMOLOO Hoverboard is guaranteed for its quality and safety.
- This product is known for it’s inbuilt strictest production process.
- Ensuring a full-inspection system and hundreds of thousands of tests related to the safety regulations for its uniqueness.
- This is powerful and reliable.
- This product is one of the fastest hoverboards.
- Its maximum speed is 10mph with up to 12 miles of mileage with fully charged battery.
- It has a carrying capacity up to 264 lbs and has 300-watt silent motors.
- It has a unique and cool style.
- This Hoverboards can also get connect to Bluetooth 4.0.
- RGB lighting color and effects can also be applied.
- This hoverboard is designed patented and is utility patent pending as well.
- Available in 3 stylish colors.
- It is approved by CPSC that truly guarantees its quality and safety.
- This hoverboard bears the most advanced main board program too that ensures its stability of users’ experience of riding.
- For safety regulations, it has strictest production process like full inspection system that includes hundreds and 2: thousands of tests.
- It is powerful and quite reliable.
- It is quite cool and unique style with a patented design.
- It gets connected to Bluetooth 4.0 system.
Overall, this product is an all-rounder but what makes it extraordinary is its fantastic look and high quality. Also, due to UL surety, you can keep this product on the top of your hoverboards’ list.
Hoverheart Electric Scooter – Awesome
This is the all-terrain electric hoverboard that rolls over dirt, gravel, grass, and pavement with impunity, controlled entirely by the subtle movements in a rider’s feet. The hoverboard is propelled forward to a maximum speed of 12 MPH, powered by dual 350-watt electric motor housed in each of its 8″-diam. x 3 1/2″-wide all-terrain wheels while gyro sensors and accelerometers in both wheels detect the slightest pressure of the rider’s feet to maintain balance.
It also plays music from Bluetooth-enabled smartphone via a built-in speaker. Travels up to 10 miles after a 2 1/2-hour charge via the included AC adapter. Supports up to 264 lbs. 27 1/2″ W x 8 1/2″ D x 9″ H. (40 lbs.)
Features of Hoverheart Electric Scooter
- GO SAFER – UL 2272 Certified board with UL2271 Certified Battery. no potential fire hazards.
- MORE POWER – has Dual 350W Motors that help it climb slopes as steep as 17 degrees and lasts over 1 hour at a top speed of 10mph on a single charge, making it the most powerful balance board on the market.
- GO FASTER – The Sport features stream-lined racing tires increase speed and provide a faster, smoother ride. Rated IP56 for solidness and water resistance. Easily maneuver through grass, mud and sand on the board built to do more.
- BIGER & BETTER – nearly 2x more powerful and 30% larger than the leading competitor meaning more foot space, a more stable ride and more control.
- Built-in Bluetooth Speake
- SAFETY: UL 2272 SAFETY CERTIFIED
- WATER RESISTANCE: IPX56 WATER RESISTANT
- SPEED: UP TO 10 MPH
- RANGE: UP TO 10 MILES
- TIRE SIZE: 8 INCHES
- HILL GRADE: UP TO 17 DEGREES
- LED HEAD LIGHTS: YES
- BLUETOOTH: YES
- BATTERY: CERTIFIED LITHIUM ION BATTERY – UL CERTIFIED
This Hoverboard is Now UL 2272 & Certified as Safe! If you’re in the market for a Hoverboard make sure it’s UL 2272 Certified, otherwise it’s unsafe and is likely to overheat or even catch fire.
This Hoverboard is extremely easy to ride, most riders learn how to ride it in less than 5 minutes! Manufactured at the highest standards, this self balancing scooter was built for longevity.
Two wheels self balanced electric scooter
This scooter uses gyroscope sensors to enable self-balancing. The inner workings of the scooter use gyro sensors and a set of rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries.
Users can control the vehicle to go forward, accelerate, decelerate , break or others, by leaning forward or leaning backwards.
It can be easily carried around on bus or subway.
Razor Hovertrax 2.0 – Smartest Hoverboard 2018
If you are looking for a hoverboard, then you likely already know there are a lot of choices on the market. To help you make an informed buying decision, we bring you unbiased hoverboard reviews, including this Razor Hovertrax 2.0 review. Use this guide to help you decide if it is the right one for you.
- UL 2272 Certification
- Two Riding Modes
- EverBalance Technology
Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Review: The Main Features
- This Razor hoverboard has UL 2272 certification, which means that it is held to a high standard for the electrical systems that provide the power for hoverboards. It is also the only self-balan
- cing scooter that auto-levels, which makes for a smoother ride and easier mounting.
- The Hovertrax 2.0 hoverboard has a blue LED light bar, LED battery power indicator, two riding modes, quick change battery, and shatter-resistant frame. It has rubber tires with aluminum
- wheels and comes ready to use. We also want to point out in our Razor Hovertrax 2.0 review that the battery pack of 36V lithium ion with LG cells enables a ride up to 60 minutes before needing a change.
- To use the two-wheel scooter, simply stand on the two foot pads. Tilt the scooter forward to move ahead; tilt it back, and you move in reverse. The two 350-watt hub motors are what powers the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 scooter, which rolls at about 8mph.
The next hoverboard on our list can be considered special because the company itself claims that this is the world’s smartest hoverboard in the market, and while the claim does seem ambitious enough, you are left but wondering what exactly is there in the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 that makes it the smartest hoverboard to step into the market.
Well, don’t worry, you are not the only one who is looking to uncover the truth as we are going take a proper in-depth look at just how good the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is.
Let’s get right into the review, and find out some of the good things, shall we?
- Considering some of the early incidents surrounding the hoverboards, every hoverboard now requires a UL2272 certification. This certification means that the hoverboard is actually fitting on all the safety instructions that are given by the government and will not spontaneously catch fire or have its batteries short circuit.
- The Razor Hovertrox 2.0 offers an impressive cruising speed of 8+ mph and comes with dual 350-watt motors that are both silent and efficient.
- The Hovertrox 2.0 is capable of running up to 60 minutes on a full charge, and while the duration isn’t the best, it’s still commendable. However, you should keep in mind that the riders weight will also matter and will be put into consideration when measuring the total run time.
- The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 comes with LG battery, the good thing about this hoverboard is that the batteries can be easily changed, so even if you run out of them while you are out and about, you can change them without any hassle and continue having a phone. For those who are willing to know some technical specifications, these batteries are 36V and are made by LG.
- This is where the things get interesting, the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 comes with Razor’s own EverBalance technology. Through this technology, the hoverboard can actually level itself, and while it may seem like a gimmick, it allows the user to easily stand on it, and ride it when ready.
- Last but not the least, the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 comes with features such as blue LED light bar display, fender bumpers, LED battery power indicator, as well as two entirely different riding modes that are suitable for beginners as well as advanced users.
While we won’t award the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 any groundbreaking awards, the fact that it is one of the most feature packed and one of the best hoverboards in the market can’t be denied, it certainly doesn’t come cheap, but it’s definitely amazing, ad neck to neck with a lot of other hoverboards that are priced in the same category.
Can Razor Hovertrox 2.0 target them and still be a worthy purchase? Definitely.
This Razor hoverboard review shows Razor’s focus on safety. This board is made of quality materials and has a UL 2272 listing for safety. It has a learning mode for beginners (which advanced users do not have to use) and cruises at safe speeds.
While it does not have Bluetooth, the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 has auto-balancing, so that it moves smoothly, and it is a quiet ride. The quality 36V battery pack is easy to change too. Other great features include the LED light bar in blue, power level indicator, and the ability to roll up to an hour at a time.
GoTrax Hoverfly ECO –UL Certified Self Balancing Scooter
I think of hoverboards as the new and cooler futuristic versions of skateboards (funkier, quicker, better kitted, and widely acceptable; argument set and match). However, over the last few years, some have generated significant controversy after they overheated and memorably caught fire (argument almost lost). Regardless, the technology has been improved and better products with better safety margins have been released. One device that has caught my attention is the GOTRAX Hoverfly ECO, a UL 2272 acclaimed two-wheel board developed by GotraxTM.
A novice in the industry, GotraxTM specializes in the creation and development of electric rideables particularly electric scooters or hoverboards as well as electric ATVs. As of 2017, the company launched the Hoverfly ECO Hoverboard – a device powered by a 29.4-volt battery guaranteed not to overheat and spontaneously blow up in a massive fireball.
The Hoverfly ECO Hoverboard has a maximum speed of 7.4 miles per hour (this may look slow on paper, but it is freakishly fast and may either give you a massive thrill or cause injuries in case of a fall). The raw speed of the Hoverfly ECO is achieved thanks to its two 250-watt motors. Additionally, the device is not all power with no tech considering it has a range of 12 miles on a single charge. The Hoverfly ECO Hoverboard is also fitted with super-fast charge technology that allows users attain maximum charge for 1.5 hours. In the current market, a hoverboard with similar attributes, for instance, the SagaPlay F1 is priced much higher making the Hoverfly ECO a bargain.
What I liked
The GOTRAX’s Hoverfly ECO Hoverboard takes safety to a new level.
First-time hoverboard riders have known issues with balance and thanks to YouTube videos, their fails are hilarious to watch; however, safety takes first precedence. The GotraxTM developed a learning mode that limits the pad flexibility as well as speed. The learning mode is great for kids because it makes riding much safer. Switching between modes is made simple by pressing the power button located at the back of the device twice.
Secondly, the device comes with protective bumpers that not only guarantee smooth riding but also improves on durability.
Thirdly, the Hoverfly ECO Hover board has a nonslip footpad, which is great feature when hurtling down a hill at 7.4 mph.
This hoverboard comes in an array of fresh and funky colors such as Alien Green, Nebula Black, Mars Red, Neptune Blue and Pulsar Pink just to mention a few. Some of these colors’; for instance, the Alien Green and Neptune Blue are exclusive to the product and they look great.
Additionally, the device has inbuilt LEDs that improve on the display as aesthetics considering the colors are funky. As a bonus feature when the device is running low on battery, the LED lights warn the rider in advance, hopefully avoiding any case of being stranded in between destinations.
However, it’s not all about looking cooler (than a skateboarder), the Hoverfly ECO Hover board also has additional lighting features that for better vision during the night making it easier for riders to be seen by other road users.
Unlike other products in the same range, GOTRAX’s Hoverfly ECO Hover board is affordable considering it has a maximum range of 12 miles and a super-fast charge of one and a half hours. It can be argued that the Swagtron T1 charges faster (1 hour) but it should be taken into consideration that it is much more expensive.
What I did not like
The GOTRAX’s Hoverfly ECO Hover board is limited to riders below the 220lbs body weight despite it being a standard feature on other 6.5-inch hover boards in the market. This means I was forced to check on a more expensive range of off-road hoverboards.
No Bluetooth connectivity to a mobile device. Many other brands have mobile connectivity that helps play music and customize several features such as speed or charge monitoring.
The Hoverfly ECO hover board is an affordable, well equipped, and high-quality electric scooter that stands out in a highly completive market. The gadgets brilliance comes from the attention to detail on the riders safety making it the ideal gadget for beginner or kids. From non-slip pads, multi-purpose LED lights, and the training mode are distinctive features that make the Hoverfly ECO hover board a bargain to have.
Swagtron T308 – Expensive yet AWESOME
The T380 is the latest hoverboard from SWAGTRON, featuring updated technology from our wildly popular T3 hoverboard. Hop on, get moving, and keep steady with the T380’s internal self-balancing technology helping you stay level. Explore your world for miles with upgraded dual 250W motors supplying all the power you need.
The T380 carries full UL2272 certification that provides top-quality battery charging and performance. Riders of all shapes and sizes up to 220 pounds (100 kilograms) can charge up their boards in 2-3 short hours. Spend more time riding and less time tethered to an outlet.
Never get caught off-guard! The T380 features indicator lights in the center of the hoverboard as well as on the front and back. Easily check on your board’s battery or system status. Quickly alert others to your presence. Ride with confidence as you jet as fast as 8 miles per hour (12.8 kilometers per hour).
Custom your ride! Three performance modes make riding a breeze, whether you’re a beginner, experienced, or expert hover rider. Learning and Standard Modes can be switched from the hoverboard itself. Or use the Swagtron app to switch to Advanced Mode and use your smartphone as your hoverboard’s remote.
Tour scenic parks. Motor through town. Cruise around your neighborhood. Level-up your adventure with the T380!
The T380 has a riding mode to fit the way you ride, whether you’re a complete newbie or a seasoned rider. Switch between Learning and Standard Modes with just the push of a button and tailor your board to your needs.
Increase balance detection and restrict speeds in Learning Mode. Ready to roll? Switch to Standard Mode and ditch the restrictions!
Expert riders can download the SWAGTRON app from the App or Google Play store. Activate Advanced Mode from the app and enjoy the freedom to ride however you want!
As SwagTron T308 is the upgraded model of Swagtron, and it’s better than ever.
What has changed?
Well, compared to the predecessors SwagTron T1, not much has changed in the design department but you do get features such as LED lights, Bluetooth speakers that can sync with your phone, and some additional features. Early rumors suggested that there will be a handle involved as well, but it seems like there isn’t one.
So, is the SwagTron T308 a worthy upgrade over the T1? Well, let’s find out.
- The hoverboard comes with the much needed UL 2272 certification that ensures that the hoverboard won’t spontaneously combust. The hoverboard itself has gone through the extensive safety tests that are deemed necessary by the government.
- The hoverboard offers a maximum speed of 12.8 km/hr and has a range of 7-12 miles, completely dependent on the users.
- There are two 300-watt motors that are used in some of the high-ends electric scooters.
- The lithium ion battery back that powers the hoverboard can be charged in 2 to 3-hour maximum and doesn’t heat up at all.
- The hoverboard also has a built-in Bluetooth speaker that can seamlessly sync with your mobile phone, in addition to that, the hoverboard also comes with LED headlights, rubber bumpers, battery indicators, as well as an overall sturdy and light weight shell.
- Much like the SwagTron T1, the T308 also come with the patented SentryShield technology as well intelligent battery management that ensures the hoverboard operates safely without any issues.
While on paper, the SwagTron T308 may not be the fastest, most advanced hoverboard in the market, but it’s the features like the SentrySheid technology as well as the price to performance that makes this a worthy purchase. For those who are wondering if this is better than the T1, well, that’s just subjective. It does have some features that are obviously missing from the T1, but whether or not you’ll be needing them is completely up to you.
Hoverzon S – Self Balancing Scooter
Now, we are standing at a point where no amount of innovation in standard hoverboards can be done. You can add LED lights, or Bluetooth powered speakers, and that would be it.
However, if you think you want to go a bit further, you can always look at examples such as the Segway miniPRO but do keep in mind that the price on that hoverboard is nearly the double of the standard issue hoverboards. Today, we are going to look at the Hoverzon S; on close inspection, it can easily be said that this particular hoverboard is based on the tried and true, no-nonsense design and features just the right amount of stuff that would be it for the user buying a hoverboard.
As for the price, it is priced same as pretty much every other hoverboard on our list, and that is certainly a good thing because it gives the consumer a lot of options without having the need to stretch their budget. However, the company does claim that there is an “exclusive” feature built right into the hoverboard, and we’ll see whether or not that feature makes it the hoverboard of your choice.
Roll out the advantages, shall we?
- The Hoverzon S features an exclusive ‘aegis armor” that provides a multilayer protection to the battery. Although it may sound gimmicky, but it can actually protect the battery against certain bumps.
- Like all the other hoverboards on our list, this one also comes with the much needed UL2272 certification, meaning that the hoverboard is completely safe against issues such as catching fire or getting short-circuited.
- The hoverboard features a fireproof exterior casing as well as the sensor pedals.
- The company claims that the Hoverzon S comes with a top tier motor, as well as a feature such as gear stabilization that is present in the hoverboard in order to provide a very stable, and responsive control.
- The Hoverzon S also features a rather innovative battery management system that can smartly help improve the overall battery performance as well as a top of the line battery management.
- Last but not the least, the Hoverzon S comes with 2 different speed modes that are suitable for either the beginners or the experts the switching between these modes can be done on the fly and it is actually really, really convenient for the beginners.
While there aren’t any improvements in this hoverboard when you compare it with the others, the Aegis armor along with the battery management surely makes it one of the better hoverboards win the market. In addition to that, the hoverboard is available in a total of 6 colors, and all of the colors are priced the same.
Needless to say, you won’t have to pay a bit more just to have a different color.
XtremepowerUS Hoverboard – Self Balancing Scooter
While the name of the hoverboard is certainly an odd one, the good thing is that XtremepowerUS has been in the business for some time, and have manufactured some great hoverboards in a cost effective price range. Since this hoverboard is on the budget side, I will be keeping in mind that I am reviewing a budget hoverboard.
The product focuses on being energy efficient, and allows you to travel 6 miles on a single charge. While it might not be the highest number you will see, it is still respectable considering the price tag. The maximum load is 200 lbs. Again, not the highest number, but this will be perfect for the most users.
XtremepowerUS does not come without some shortcomings; for starters, the hoverboard really suffers on the rough terrain, and that can be an issue for people who are living in areas that are slightly on the rougher side, and not to forget the fact that it can only support weight limit of 200 lbs, and lastly, no water protection.
These are the only inconveniences that I noticed with the XtremepowerUS hoverboard. Other than that, it is a great hoverboard if you want to buy it for a younger sibling, or your kid, or you want to gift it to a kid. The basic functionality is there, and it does not come loaded with the advanced features such as water protection. This is not a bad hoverboard by any means, it is just very basic.
SWAGTRON T580 – Best Hoverboard in Terms of Features
Hoverboards are still very popular despite many people claiming that the fad is over. Why else would we have something like SWAGTRON T580 hit the market. This lightweight hoverboard is made with care, ensuring that the user has the best possible experience while using it. During my time with the hoverboard, I had a great time with it; the hoverboard’s construction was solid and I did not feel like it was going to break, in addition to that, I love the fact that user has access to hoverboard through the app.
The hoverboard offers an eco-friendly mechanism that ensures that there is no carbon emission, buyers will also get smart and effective battery management system thanks to the patented Sentry Shield technology that ensures that the battery is managed properly, and does not discharge unnecessarily. Sentry Shield also ensures that the battery remains protected against fire or heat hazards that was the case in some of the earlier models of the hoverboards.
The hoverboard supports a weight up to 220 pounds, and under. In addition to that, SWAGTRON T580 comes with Bluetooth speakers that you can use to connect your device with it to play music. Not to forget, you can even connect your hoverboard with an app; the app allows you to check the navigation, battery life, and even control the music while you are using the hoverboard.
As far as the design and build quality of the SWAGTRON T580 is concerned, I have to say that I really like it. The build quality is definitely solid as compared to some of the other products available in the market, and the design is just the right amount of minimalist, and sleek. You have three colours to choose from – red, black, or blue.
There are really not too many downsides to this amazing hoverboard; the fact that the hoverboard can travel up to 8 miles on a single charge can be a letdown for some people considering how it is comparatively low when put against some of the competing hoverboards, but it is not bad by any means.
In conclusion, the SWAGTRON T580 is a really great hoverboard that does not let the minor inconvenience such as the lower travel distance to hold it down. It works as it is intended, and delivers a solid performance. Given the price tag; I believe it is a great self-balancing scooter.
Value Added Information That will help you to Choose Best Hoverboards and Self Balancing Scooter.
The 7-inch wheels on a standard hoverboard allow for a balance of important features. They have decent charge-times, reach decent speeds, and can be used indoors or outside. Hoverboards with smaller wheels charge more quickly, but should only be used indoors. 8-inch wheels add stability, and 10-inch wheels are for off-road adventuring.
An average 7-inch hoverboard carries a weight limit of around 220 lbs (100 kg).
If you weigh more than 220 lbs, you can either opt for the 10-inch hoverboard or the AirWheel, as both can support heavier riders, with a weight limit of approximately 264 lbs (120 kg).
Make sure the hoverboard is compliant with applicable safety standards, including UN 38.3 (battery), UL 1642 (battery), UL2272 and UL 60950-1 (charger).
Any third party certification body that is accredited for UL 2272 product certification is acceptable to confirm compliance.
Use caution and common sense when making your purchase. If the hoverboard you’re looking at is a lot cheaper than its competitors, it may not be compliant with UL 2272.
Many sellers claim to have UL-compliant battery packs, chargers or other
components, but this does not mean the entire hoverboard is UL 2272 compliant. UL 2272 covers the entire hoverboard unit, not just individual parts.
Check for recalls – go to www.CPSC.gov to see if the hoverboard has been recalled. Stop using a recalled hoverboard immediately and contact the manufacturer for the remedy.
Only charge a hoverboard when you are nearby to keep an eye on it. Report incidents involving hoverboards overheating, smoking, or starting fires to CPSC at: www.Saferproducts.gov.
The technology behind a Hoverboard
Before we go into the origins of this strange looking device that has taken the world by storm, let’s take a look into what it exactly is:
A hoverboard is basically a board with one wheel at each end, the board in the middle itself actually serves as a platform for the person to stand on, and for those who don’t know, the board in the middle is basically split into two portions so the rider can easily stand on them.
Now yes, the hoverboard is powered by the rechargeable batteries that go inside it, but a lot of people wonder about the technology that moves them in whatever direction the rider wants them to move; well, this is where the good stuff happens; both portions where a person is supposed to stand are equipped with gyroscopic sensor pads, and if you don’t know what a gyroscopic sensor does, read the definition below:
By standard definition a gyroscope is basically a spinning wheel or a disk, on this wheel, the axis of rotation is actually able to freely move in any direction or orientation it wants. While the movement is happening, the axis of rotation will remain unaffected even if the whole apparatus is moved or tilted.
The Origin of Self Balancing Scooter
The first sighting of hoverboards started in China in 2014, and soon after that, the device started getting increasingly popular in 2015.
The craze and the hype were so intense that celebrities of all sorts of type started endorsing these hoverboards, and they soon exploded into the mainstream all over the word.
However, the interesting bit is that there is no universally accepted name of these hoverboards, and most of the names you will be seeing on this list are basically based on some of the attributes that are given to them by the companies that distribute them instead of manufacturing them